Encroachment Permit Requirements
Encroachment Permits are required any time a person wishes to encroach upon a city right-of-way (sidewalk or street). For example, an encroachment permit would be required for events including, but not limited to:
- -Sidewalk, curb and gutter installation or repair;
- -Closing parking spaces for specific uses;
- -Driveway installation;
- -Trenching in a city street;
- -Power-washing and/or painting a building where you need to put up ladders or scaffolding on the sidewalk;
- -Window washing where you need to put up scaffolding on the sidewalk;
- -Events that would require the closure of a city street for more than
Encroachment Permit Process
The Following procedures must be followed in order to obtain a city encroachment permit.
- Obtain a city encroachment permit application by clicking on the link below, or by calling 707-668-5655 to have one faxed or mailed to you.
- Complete form and return to City Hall along with proof of liability insurance listing the City as an additional insured for $1,000,000 by policy endorsement (the city needs a copy of the endorsement) Please allow a minimum of 10 days for processing of permit.
- Pay the appropriate fee - $235.00.
- You will be notified once the permit has been approved.